Sunday, August 4, 2013

He lives.

"What comfort this sweet sentence gives."

Why am I up early Sunday morning (one in the morning early)?
Because I am obsessed with all the beautiful things you can find on the internet. Like, a beautiful CD done by a future-sister-missionary trying to pay for college. I cannot express how stressed I am with money right now. But I found this girls CD and discovered why she was selling it, then I couldn't resist.

On nights/mornings like these I am so thankful to have the gospel in my life. I absolutely cannot wait to serve a mission. I just know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints brings true happiness and I cannot wait to be the servant of God in bringing that happiness to someones life.
I keep this countdown app for many reasons, but turning in my mission papers is one!



My journey to serve a mission began the day I got my Patriarchal blessing, January 23, 2010. It clearly states that 'I will serve as a missionary'. Well that can mean anything? Can't it? My family always teased me that I was going on a mission. I was repulsed by the idea. I didn't want to be 21 and on a mission. I wanted to be married, or soon to be married at that age! Little did I know that, that opportunity would change. The day of the announcement I didn't even think of me serving a missions. My first thought was "Brax is leaving sooner!" Then I opened a text from my sister saying "looks like you're going on a mission!" Again, I was repulsed by the idea! As time went on I began to warm up to the idea, but was still off and on again with the idea. Then I decided to turn to the man upstairs! Thank heavens he is SO patient, because I have prayed over and over again to make sure I am making the correct decision to prepare and go. I have  received the same answer over and over again. But what a testimony builder it has been to get so many promptings for this!



anyways, I better get some sleep!



No comments:

Post a Comment