Tuesday, July 23, 2013

the countdown.


I can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that my life is seriously about to change, but at the same time I KNOW it's going to! I leave for college in 23 days. That is seriously NOTHING. I am so excited to move and create my own improved self (or so i'm hoping...). BUT I am also extremely terrified for the changes that lie ahead for me. 
With my busy schedule it is very hard for me to even think about life after this week. I'm working two jobs, 40+ hours a week.  I'm not complaining because I enjoy being busy and earning some money, but with no time, I'm feeling quite unprepared! Not only for college, but for Brax to leave on his mission. Not that I have to physically prepare for anything, but I will be losing my best friend for TWO years. I also shouldn't say that I'm losing him, because I'm definitely not... but thing will definitely be different! 
These are two major events happening within days of each other and I'm hoping I can just cope with it all while being away from my family, home, and friends. 

I'm also realizing how different/sad it's going to be to leave some things behind... like...
My CNA job- I never thought I'd care for these Residents like I do. I haven't even gathered up the courage to mention it to them. Some may not care, but I know a few will; at least I hope so. Not only am I going to miss my residents, but my coworkers and management are seriously INCREDIBLE. I've never met so many great people in one setting. Whenever you think of a owner of something in this field (at least for me anyway) I pictured a money hungry selfish family. But boy, was I proved wrong. The owner of my facility is one of the most genuine people I've ever met! 
My family- Speaking of great people, my family is amazing. I may be a little biased, but for being polar opposites we all get along pretty well. I don't know what I'm going to do without...
Grandma and I's talks. Along with her impeccable ability to pick out produce (I know that may sound silly, but I'm in love with fruits and veggies, and she just gets it!) She has been such a huge influence on me in my life, and I don't know what I'll do without her constant encouragement. 
Grandpa's ability to fix things. Although he is so tired of fixing things, its his talent. I don't know what I'll do without him. Luckily, he has taught me things I will need away from home. Plus, he is so good he could tell me how to fix anything over the phone. I also am truly going to miss his sense of humor. Not a lot of people get his sense of humor... but boy... he is one funny man.
Joshy's humor. The difference between Joshy and Grandpa's humor, is that anyone and everyone laughs at whatever Josh says. I've accused my sister of laughing at him for the stupidest reasons (like when he isn't even trying to be funny). Josh is one of the best people I've ever met. You know how you pass a homeless person on the street without thinking about it? Josh is not like that. He'll stop and chat with the homeless person, give him the cash in his pocket. 
Alysia's sense of style. What am I going to do without being able to have her come over and say 'What should I wear?' She is a fashion queen. I absolutely love getting her help style, decor, and fitness. It will also be a bummer when I realize that I actually have to start taking pictures if I want them, because my sister-who-should-be-a-photographer isn't there to take them for me!
Jess and I's medical conversations (even though we drive everyone nuts). We seriously could talk for hours about blood, guts, and cells. (although, he is working on his bachelors right now and he surpassed my level. I'll catch up though ;)) 
Sophie- I JUST WILL MISS MY PUPPY OK?
Braxton's Family- I've become closer than expected to this family over the past year! I'm going to miss card games, family night, and halloween marathons with them! 
My Ward- Even though they may believe I am inactive now (which I'm not, so STOP... I just work EVERY sunday of my life). My ward is so great and I just can't imagine not having those few people who are like second families.



Well enough with the mushy stuff. Lets talk shopping! I have nearly got everything for college and I couldn't be more relieved! Her is a preview of my future-apartment!
This is my comforter, thank you target for helping me love my future bed. Seriously though... this was only $20!
I have never been so excited to buy such silly things... like- tupperware, hangers, pillow, sheets, and laundry baskets.

but I guess thats growing for ya!


anyways, see ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment