Monday, October 7, 2013

You are pretty freakin' loved.

We all get down on ourselves so much. I am especially guilty of this. I always feel like I am capable of much more than I  am doing, when in reality I usually am doing my very best. 
Then you think about, "What if your best isn't enough?"
Let me tell you, nothing will ever be enough. BUT if you change your mind frame and focus on your triumphs in life, it will be oh-so-sweeter. 

Tonight was FHE (Family Home Evening), I genially enjoy being around the people of my ward and getting to know others. We were separated within our "families" so the groups were pretty small and we got to go to dinner at a member of the bishoprics house. Well it was fun, I will not lie. We talked, laughed, played a game, and ate. 

The group consisted mostly of girls and as the night went on I couldn't help but notice how pretty these girls were, and I could feel me begin to get a little self-conscious about it. Then-- as more conversation went on, I realized "Wow this girls are really smart!" and then how funny they were, then how spiritual they were. I slowly felt my self-esteem go down the drain, and that's when it hit me: These girls are so much more confident then me! Then I began to think "What man is ever going to be satisfied with boring, quiet, stressful little me?" 
Nonetheless, it was a rough night for my self confidence. 

When I got home, I didn't think twice about it, I showered and decided I needed to really read my scriptures tonight. I have had some pretty big questions weighing on my shoulders lately and I was determined that tonight, I was going to find the answers. But after 5 chapters in 2 Nephi and 2 in D&C I had the thought pop in my head to read my Patriarchal Blessing. So I went and grabbed it, assuming that I was going to get those 'big' questions answered! 

But I got something so much more than that. The things that truly stood out to me were the sentences that explained my Heavenly Fathers love for me, my talents, and the things that I am capable of. 

I did not get the answers to my 'big' questions. But Heavenly Father knew I was not feeling good about myself and made a point to make me feel important, to feel special, and loved. 

I had to share because I know that we all have days we truly can't help but think we are not worth a dime. But I want everyone to know that no matter what your father in heaven loves you! 
& if someone doesn't find you special, then you really don't need them in your life. 
Because you are pretty freaking special! 



& I just have to add this quote my grandma always tells me that she always thinks about me when she reads it, just something that makes me feel special I guess. 

That is all! (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment